Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thoughts Regarding Plans and Goals


We all have dreams and aspirations. Or most of us do anyway. I think most of us have goals that we work toward, some things in life we would want to do. Mine are somewhat unusual in some respects, and very ordinary in other respects. Mainly, I want to be very successful by achieving all the goals I set out for myself, and I would like to be healthy, be always productive, live according to my values and beliefs, and make a positive impact on society and the world when it is all said and done. I think that a few of us may have more clear and organized plans on how to achieve our goals and are also more determined to see those objectives realized than others are. Obviously, you either succeed at something you set out to do or you don't. It's really that simple. So therefore you need to have strong mental focus, be able to think clearly, be willing to learn from mistakes, and drive forward with intensity and passion. Personally I would like to count myself as among those few who possesses a stronger will towards seeing his dreams realized, as well as a tougher attitude and more resourceful nature in general. I feel this way because it seems to me that you really have to possess these kinds of qualities in order to be successful, and if I am deficient in some area I am certainly willing and able to overcome any obstacles that may limit me in these respects. It takes a lot to accomplish great things. You have to be serious about it. You have to do whatever it requires to make it. I think that a lot of people don't fully understand those facts and tend to maintain fanciful daydreams that will never be realized as opposed to having goals which they consistently and effectively work towards accomplishing.

For example, here are some athletic goals that I have in mind: Sprint 11.5 seconds for 100 meters. Run 1 mile in under 5:30. Jump rope for 25 minutes without break. Swim for 4 miles. Bench press 350 pounds. Shot put for 14 meters. Vertical jump 70 cm (27.6 inches). 75 chin-ups no dismount. Snatch 220 pounds. 4 continuous back handsprings with good form.

It is important that you attempt to push yourself to what you feel are your limits of performance. Once you have reached that height, attempt to go further. Generally, when you do things you must do them now, not later. Unless there is a specific advantage in doing something later, do it earlier. Certainly in getting things done you should not prolong or delay. Absorb knowledge, take in the world around you, awash your senses and sharpen your mind, gain experience. Have confidence, or at least maintain an attitude of firm resoluteness to take what comes with the sureness that you will do your best, regardless of whatever happens. Improve in any area you can. Seemingly tiny improvements, if there are many of them, can make a big difference. Be clear on how you spend your time. Be constant and persistent in productive activity, and in accomplishing objectives.

I might not succeed, but I can always try. I can and must always strive towards doing what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment