Friday, July 13, 2012

Absorb the World

Amsterdam
One should absorb the world and fully taste of its variety. The world has so much to offer you, in terms of  experiences, sensations and knowledge. There is so much potential to realize, so many incredible memories to be had, so much experience to gain. Even in the mundane occurrences, if it is novel for you, can be remarkable. Encounters and happenings with humans is endlessly fascinating. There are many cultures and languages, so you should try to familiarize yourself with at least one you did not grow up under. This has the effect of expanding your own awareness. Exploration is a key activity. Journey around, walk, see, visit. The greatest of all explorers recorded by history, Ibn Battuta, exemplified this creed with his life travels. This is the main reason I listed the learning of a foreign language as a necessity under the intellect domain. It has the ability to expand one's awareness, and that is power.

Life is like a neverending adventure. One must explore its depths, attempt to fathom its secrets. It is an infinite journey until the moment you die. The question that needs to be asked of yourself is what kind of life do you want to live? The modern capitalistic socio-political structure attempts to make 90% of the population into slaves or at least peons. That is, peon, as in "pee-on-me". Will you allow this to happen to you? Now, basically one does not really have a choice in this matter at first, however, you can figure out the system, how it basically works, and maneuver and work your way into any desirable position.

I must admit I have been a bit of a hermit for a good portion of my life. I am glad, in retrospect, that I have lived in many different places and settings throughout my life, because perhaps it countered my natural tendency to be a homebody and made me realize that there is a great big world to explore out there. So I certainly intend to get out more, and breath in deeply of the air outside (though I still enjoy staying home as well). I intend to run, swim, explore, and hopefully conquer and acquire wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment